More Fortune Telling...

I can't believe what I got on my hunting excursions this week! 


 I got this:


And this:


AND this:



for $150!!

A big triple mirror came with the dresser but I immediately took it off and gave it to someone to take it away, it was UGLY.  The furniture is heavy and sturdy, made by Lexington and was apparently in a little girl's room, based on all the hair accessories still in the nightstand!

It's been extremely hot here in NJ and I really didn't have time to tackle this, but I was too excited.  I had purchased this set to put in a preteen room, painting the pieces in shades of turquoise, citrus green, and a fun blue.  But my teenager saw it and realized the potential and wanted it for her room, which we are ever so slowly working on and changing from a cinnamon and eggplant bohemian room to a sleek black, silver, red and crystal room.

Here are some of the things we have going into the "new" room:



A little close up:



A black shag rug, some great lamps with crystals and, of course, a DISCO BALL.  (I want that for my own room!)  A duvet with an abstract tree pattern from Urban Outfitters and some cool pillows for the bed.

Okay, back to the fortune telling...

I could see the potential of this bedroom furniture and couldn't wait to get started.  Apparently, neither could she!


What are we doing?  She wanted black, since her other furniture is black, but I won and it is not going to be black.


Chinese Red Lacquer, baby!


OMG, this is taking not as fun as it seemed in my brain... we ran out of primer and paint.  Twice.



The old brass hardware was NOT impressing the teenager.

So we got it hammered!



And now they look better.



It was dark outside when I took this picture, but I wanted to show you that we are ALMOST DONE! ("We" means "me" since the teenager wasn't about to get dirty and sweaty...)


I was going to leave this outside to dry since the sky was so clear but it seemed to get hotter and more humid as the day turned to night, so I dragged it back into the garage for the night and put a fan on to help it.
Thank goodness I did, since a mighty thunderstorm just blew in at 1am as I'm writing this and it's POURING OUT!

Comments

Popular Posts